Sunday, December 20, 2009

Squeaky Clean!

When we got married, we didn't have our own washer and dryer. Our landlord heard us talking about it and said that he had a pair they weren't using any more. He offered to install them in our apartment if we wanted. We were very grateful and have been very glad to use them for the last 3 1/2 years!


However, last week, the dryer died. I actually still had a wet load, so we had clothes draped all over the house for a few days trying to air dry!


We went shopping for a dryer and thought we were going to get one from Sears. However, thanks to the help of a friend in the ward who works at Electrolux, we ended up getting a great price on both a washer AND a dryer! They were test models, so they've been used for the equivalent of 2 years, and the trim doesn't match, but we figured that the price was a good enough deal to overcome that!


So, after a week and a half with no clean laundry, borrowing a truck, borrowing the missionaries to help unload the machines, buying the necessary cords, and installation...


TA DA!





My very own high-efficiency machines!

Beebs was delighted to help with the laundry.

And I was delighted to have clean clothes again!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute picture of Aidan. Did you put the basket on him or did he?

Audrey Seymour said...

YEah for miracles! I love those pictures too. Did you ground him?

Lisa Merkley said...

I'm so jealous. I'm using the ones that came with the house and they probably were bought when the house was built 20+ years ago. I can't decide if I want them to die so I have an excuse to buy new ones or if I want them to last at least until we move and hope that the next landlord will have something better.

Of course one option is cheaper than the other, so that's what we are going with.

Although I really can't wait to pick out my own.

Michelle said...

I put the basket on him. But he was already grabbing at it, chewing on it, and playing with it.

no said...

Bling bling!!

Jean said...

That's the cutest baby in the basket. and love those "identical" twin washer/dryer.