Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sew Crafty!

My character in the play needed a waist apron, and we didn't know anyone that had a nice one.

Now, you have to understand that I really don't sew. I've sewn a few projects here and there, but I mostly just made them up and they aren't very professional. However, I remember that my mom had a little waist apron when we were growing up, and I loved playing dress up with it.

So, I decided it would be worth my time to try to make one. I went online and found some directions, and even though they seemed a little daunting, I just started in at step one and kept going. Lo and behold, it worked! Other than when Aidan came in and sat on my foot petal (scaring the living daylights out of him and jamming my machine for a bit!), I managed to make a very nice-looking apron without a hitch!

Now I just hope the play goes that smoothly!

No comments: