Aidan at age 4:
Height: 44 inches (into a booster seat - hooray!)
Weight: 42.5
Skills he has mastered:
- Writing Aidan, mom, and dad
- Knows all the letters, can write many of them, knows the sounds for most
- Riding a bike with training wheels
- Washing hands independently
- Using a tissue most of the time (we finally got him stop picking his nose!)
- Drawing stick figures
- Counting up to 20 easily (and sometimes into the twenties), with the exception of "thirteen" and "fourteen" which sound the same when he pronounces them, so sometimes he only says one of those numbers instead of two
- Counting given items, including simple addition and subtraction
Skills he is working on:
- A few sounds are still difficult for him to say (r, sh, ch) - shark sounds like soawk, ouch sounds like outs, etc.
- Staying dry all night (he's working on it!)
Things he enjoys:
- Staying awake during the day (naps are rare to never)
- Art! This kid could do art projects all day long!
- Riding his bike
- Going on walks
- Helping Mom make pizza
- Going fishing with Dad
- Play with Legos
- Play the Where's My Water app on the iPad
- Digging in the dirt and grass to build an "ant hill" with our neighbor David
Overall, Aidan is a very sweet and happy boy! We feel so blessed to have him in our family!

3 comments:
Yeah! Keep the blog posts coming! I check back here to see if/when you update. :)
I check your blog. I almost didn't read this post until I realized it was new! Like your cell phone! Woot woot! Call me so's I can get yo' number.
I still read it! :)
Post a Comment