Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ethan at 1

Did you notice that blogging went out the window right when Ethan got mobile?  Coincidence?  I think not! 

In my fantasy world, I would go back and do some catch up posts.  In my reality world?  I just panicked driving home from the grocery store today because I thought, "Did I do a post about Aidan at age 3?  I know I didn't do Ethan at age 1 yet, but I can still remember that.  If I didn't do Aidan at 3, though, there is no hope!"  Luckily, I DID do one for Aidan.  Now I've got to get the other little man while I'm remembering!

Ethan at age 1:

Height: 31.3 inches (87th percentile)
Weight: 22.6 pounds (44th percentile)

Loves:
  • eating and drinking real people food
  • BANGING!!!  Anything on anything to make a noise - future drummer boy???
  • being tickled
  • walking - he took his first steps just days after his first birthday, and nothing has kept him down since
  • playing with the buttons on the piano
  • throwing things through the baby gate and watching them fall down the stairs
  • pulling silverware out of the dishwasher as soon as it's opened - taking things out of any drawer, for that matter!
  • bath time
  • both the toilet paper and the toilet water are irresistible!
  • B-I-N-K-Y
Dislikes:
  • sleeping through the night (went for about one golden week once, but otherwise it's not uncommon for him to still cry at least once a night)
  • being put down (as in not being constantly held) if he is thirsty/hungry/tired
  • textures of certain foods, like small noodles
Skills/Development he has mastered:
  • has middle four top teeth, 2 molars on the top, and the 2 middle bottom teeth
  • excellent pincer grasp - loves to pick up strings, small papers, etc.
  • turns pages in books
  • crawling, standing, walking
  • waves bye bye and night night
  • rolls and throws a ball
Skills he is working on:
  • starting to try words, especially imitating what we say
  • keeping food on his tray rather than throwing it on the floor
  • staying out of the trash can
  • hasn't started running (yet!)
Personality:
  • likes having a routine at home (VERY into his nap and bedtime!) but is very flexible when we are out and about
  • pretty easy-going overall - puts up with a LOT of wrestling/carrying/loving from Aidan!
  • can be hesitant to try new things that WE introduce (food, expectations, rules, new people), but very happy to explore things independently (toys, kid's care)
  • won't smile for strangers (or the family Christmas picture!), but very giggly and happy with family at home

We sure love our little one year old!
(Sorry no pictures yet - I tried several times and can't get any to upload.  I'll have to come back and add some later...)

No comments: