Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Ward Family

I am so blessed! Even though I don't live near my real family, I still have a family here in Iowa - my ward.

Mike is in Chicago this weekend for a business trip, and I was worried that it would be hard taking care of Aidan alone for 4 days.

Alone?! What was I thinking?!

I have had so much help from my ward! My visiting teaching companion and the kids of a lady I visit have played with him. My Relief Society president (and her husband and kids) baby-sat him so I could go to work. Aidan's surrogate grandma watched him during church so I could play the piano in sacrament meeting and Primary. One of my young women watched him during choir practice so I could direct. Another young man held him during ward potluck so I could eat. One friend watched him after church so I could gather all my things and talk to the people I needed to. Another friend is baby-sitting him tomorrow so I can go to work. Everybody has been so helpful!

I feel so blessed to have such a great ward family. Thanks for your help, everyone! :)

No comments: