Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Last Decade



Well okay, I really am 30 today... This "milestone" birthday got me thinking about what I've spent the last 10 years doing. I'm sure this might hold true for many people, but my twenties sure were full of life changes! Over the last 10 years I:

  • Finally decided on a major
  • Finished my bachelor's degree at BYU
  • Bought my first car
  • Started my teaching career
  • Started my master's degree through SUU
  • Changed jobs to start teaching in a second school
  • Went through the temple, eventually becoming a temple worker
  • Finished my master's degree
  • Lived in 3 different college apartments with 15 different roommates
  • Started dating the man I eventually married
  • Lost my father to cancer
  • Married my sweetheart
  • Moved from Utah to Iowa (moving into a 4th apartment with a 16th roommate :)
  • Started teaching at a different school (again!)
  • Also started teaching at Sylvan
  • Became the Young Women's President
  • Got pregnant
  • Had a baby
  • Stopped working to stay home with my son
  • Lost my childhood home (my mom had to sell it)

Whew! Quite the list! I'm so grateful for all the wonderful life experiences I've been able to have so far! While I'm sure that the next decade probably won't be quite as eventful as the last, I do hope that my thirties bring some of the following:

  • My husband finishing his degree
  • Being able to move somewhere different
  • Buying our own home
  • Having more kid(s) - no, this is NOT an announcement! :)

Whatever life brings, I'm so happy I'm still here! Here's to the next 30 years being as wonderful as the last 30!

6 comments:

jessica said...

That is an eventful decade!! Oh the memories of the Grant School gym and those fun summers, the 1st year of Spring Lake, the graduating:) I remember your 20s and will hold them near and dear:)

Michelle said...

And Bub is #17.

LaRae said...

That's quite a list of accomplishments for your twenties. Congratulations. However, if you wanted to only be 30, you blew it. With tax, you are now $32.94. Wow, you aged quickly! But I love you anyway.

no said...

But there's no sales tax on food in Iowa.

Jennifer said...

So Michelle is food??

Michelle said...

Well Jen, I'm milk to Aidan and I'm Mike's sugar, so I guess I must be food! :)