Saturday, February 6, 2010

Debate


Mike and I had a debate going for a while. I finally got on the Internet, and I'm pretty sure that I'm wrong. It would be rather easy for you to check yourself, so before you do, go ahead and tell me which one you think it is. Then you can look it up.



So the big question:


You know the man song in Mulan? (You know, the best song in the whole movie? If you don't, you can watch it here.) Right at the beginning of the chorus, are they saying


"Be a man"


or


"We are men"


???


Let me know what you think!

19 comments:

Emily said...

definitely "We are Men." No contest!

Spencer said...

I always thought it was "We are men," but somebody told me that I was wrong a while back. I never looked it up. I will now.

Spencer said...

Ok, I did, and I have found sites that say "Be a man" and others that say "We are men." Help.

Nicole said...

Nope, definitely "be a man"

Heidi said...

I always thought it was "We are men," too. However, last night I was with a big group of people and we started singing songs from that movie. I thought it was weird that some of them were saying "Be a man," but I didn't really think much about it or about "correcting" them. Perhaps I have been the one wrong all along? We ended up watching the movie last night, too, and I still heard "We are men," but maybe that's just my ears.

Heidi said...

I listened to it again and it does sound like "Be a man!" I'm stumped.

Unknown said...

be a man. now i will go prove myself wrong.

Spencer said...

Whitney said you can just watch the movie with subtitles -- that will end all debate.

Lisa Merkley said...

Be a Man

That's my vote after watching it this time. I admit, I've never put too much thought into it before. :)

Lisa said...

"It's "Be a Man" I have seen the movie tons of times, and it is still one of my favorites. That is also one of my favorite songs in the movie. "Be a Man" no question.

Jennifer said...

be a man

Jennifer said...

That's funny that you posted this the same day Heidi told me about her watching Mulan and wondering about the words. Seriously, it was dejavu (is that one word?) to hear this from Heidi and then on your blog, Michelle.

Debbie said...

Be a man. That is my official opinion. :)

Audrey Seymour said...

Be a man for sure

Audrey Seymour said...

not for sure but isnt'it the title of the song anyway?

Jessica said...

Someone should write a fan letter to Donny Osmond and ask him.

LaRae said...

I wouldn't have known either way. I don't think I've watch the movie enough to know.

jessica said...

Be a Man. Can't you just watch the movie in closed caption and find out for sure? :)

Michelle said...

If I owned the movie, I would be happy to watch it with subtitles to find out for sure. But sadly, I don't own it. Anyone out there have a copy who wants to check it?