Monday, August 23, 2010

Heart Sick

I had to use my flash drive for something the other day. It was the first time I had pulled it out since saving all of my teaching files on it. To my horror, now ALL of my teaching files are gone. Erased, overwritten, I'm not sure how it happened, but they are gone.

Including the last four years of my journals.

And there is nothing I can do or even try to get them back since the computer I saved them from was wiped clean over a year ago.

Heartache.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

THat is to bad. Sorry. We us carbonite to back up our computer. It is $50.00 per year. Every time the compter is on and connected to the internet carbonite stores our info. off site. It works great. Then you have access if you loose anything. We have all ready had to use it.

Unknown said...

was that when you were at my house? i'm so sorry that happened!

LaRae said...

I'm so sorry about the journal -- I know how I would feel if I lost it. Have you printed out a hard copy of it anywhere? You do have email letters sent over the 4 years that could at least be a basic record of your life for 4 years.