Sorry, no pictures yet... still trying to get everything unpacked and organized. But we made it to Minnesota and made it through closing! (Both of us agreed that it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.) We LOVE having our own space - it's been so nice not to worry about neighbors hearing us (or us hearing them!) through the walls. It's been strange for me to hear noises outside during the day - I was so used to being on our secluded little street! But I love the sound of other children playing nearby and hope we can meet more of our neighbors soon.
The movers were AMAZING... I will never want to move myself again! On Monday they had everything packed and loaded in about 4 hours, and on Wednesday they had everything unloaded in an hour and a half! So far we've only discovered one dent in our new dryer, but everything else seems to have survived with no problems. And I LOVE having a piano! (Thanks again, Fullers!) It's been so fun to be able to sit down and play songs whenever I feel like it!
So far I finished unpacking the kitchen, the bathroom, and our bedroom. Everything else is in a state of disarray. But I would rather go a little slower and not turn into psycho mom, so we've tried to make sure and still stop and play with Aidan. We took him grocery shopping, to Thursdays on First (every Thursday during the summer First Street shuts down to cars and tons of people come to eat, watch free entertainment, shop at street vendors, etc. - it was super fun! We now live in a city with CULTURE!!!!), and to the park up the street. He's been a champ through the move and hasn't seemed to be too upset with the changes.
Mike continues to enjoy his new job. He likes being a supervisor. We also both love that the bus stop is half a block from our house. Mayo employees can ride to work for free - no worries about parking OR paying for gas!
Well, motherhood calls (in the form of a dirty diaper), so I better sign off now. I'm so glad for blogs, though - I love the chance to keep in touch with all of my friends from EVERYWHERE, not just here! Have a great day, friends!
Sunday Sweets: Halloween Cuties!
12 hours ago
6 comments:
So glad you made it and are enjoying your new home/city so much! Keep in touch!!!
Glad you made it!! Don't forget those of us in the un-cultured "South"!!:)
Yahoo! I'm so happy for you guys!
Yeah! So excited for you!
Amen to movers...they make moving sooo fun!! I don't ever want to move myself again!
congrats on the move, the job, the house, the healthy beautiful baby boy...life is full of fantastic things! We often wonder how you guys are. Seems like all is well!
Post a Comment