Monday, January 17, 2011

Ten Seconds

Literally. I was three feet away from Aidan, paying some bills while he played in the kitchen. Suddenly, I notice a sound that I wasn't expecting: the microwave going. I dash over and yank open the door to find a cloud of smoke. Yes, my son had climbed up, opened the microwave, put in the remote control to our CD player, and pressed start.

It was only in the microwave for ten seconds. And it's officially dead.
Notice the melted spot down by the word "Sony" and the warping by the "iPod" and "CD" buttons. Sigh.
May it rest in peace.

7 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

Now that's awesome! It's one I've never had to deal with.

Yet.

Angela Baarz said...

Try a CD in the microwave - again, 10 seconds should do the trick. Such a pretty light show. Just be sure to use one you don't care about ruining.

Ann Michelle said...

That ranks right up there with the spatula in the toaster!:) Go Aiden!!!

Sheila said...

That is priceless! What was Aidan's reaction?

jessica said...

Just think it could have been something way worse in there...cell phone, ipod or other fun things:)

Unknown said...

Awesome! LOL

Jennifer said...

HAHA! And I seem to recall that he really loved that remote from when I visited you guys last Christmas!