Lately I feel like I've been in a cooking rut. Nothing sounds all that great to make or to eat... maybe because the weather is stuck between winter and summer, so I can't even be sure from day to day if we will want a warm meal or a cooler one. Plus, I somehow have quite a bit of evening activities scheduled this week, which means I have a little less time than normal for meal prep. That doesn't help the situation!
Anyway, I need your help. What are some dinner meal ideas? (And remember that my husband loathes casseroles, so that won't really be a valid suggestion for my house.)
Thanks!
What's Wrong With This Picture?
21 hours ago
5 comments:
Taco soup: 1 lb hamburger, 1 can corn, 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, 1 can dark red kidney beans, 1 package taco seasoning.
Fry up your meat, add all the cans of stuff (don't drain anything except the hamburger . . . all juices go into the pot) and the taco seasoning (I typically only do about have a package, but that's completely up to you). Simmer. Serve over corn chips and top with sour cream and cheddar cheese. Takes 15 minutes . . . and Em loves it.
"Noodle stuff" (that's what it's called in our house): 1 lb hamburger, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can dark red kidney beans (drained), elbow macaroni noodles, 4 to 5 cups beef broth.
Fry your hamburger (season to taste). Add the tomatoes, beans, and beef broth. Bring to a boil. Add the noodles . . . how many depends on you. We like lots of noodles, so I add almost a box. If you want it more soupy, add less. Cook until noodles are done.
Chicken noodles and mashed potatoes: Chicken, egg noodles, and potatoes.
Boil your chicken (season to taste). Take out your chicken and shred it. While you are shredding the chicken, cook your egg noodles in the chicken stock that comes from cooking your chicken. Add the chicken back to the noodles. Serve over the mashed potatoes. Might sound weird, but it's super yummy . . . and one of the few things Ellis doesn't fight me on.
I meant "half" not "have" about the taco seasoning. And I thought of one more . . . cheeseburger macaroni: 2 boxes of mac and cheese, one lb hamburger. Fry the hamburger (again, season to taste). Cook the mac and cheese like normal. Add the hamburger to the mac and cheese. Cheap Hamburger Helper . . . and much tastier. :)
Chicken Stoganoff,
Cut up chicken breasts, about 2. Cook till no longer pink, add 1 can cream of chicken and milk to cover all of it, plus a little more. Simmer. Add sour cream and serve over potoatoes or rice. Fast and yummy.
I go to tasteofhome.com a lot and just put in the meat I need to use, then sort by most popular and find something to my liking. I have tried all kinds of things. One recently tried was Black Bean Lasgana. SO yummy. Look it up.
If it going to be a cold day look up some soups and throw them in the crockpot. Then you have a simple meal. Today I am doing a ham and bean soup with the left over Easter Ham.
One last thing. My sisters and I have a blog. We haven't been good about using it latly, but I hope to be better. It is www.onerosetoanother.blogspot.com We post recipies for all to enjoy.
Hope this helps. We miss you guys. If you are ever in Utah let us know.
check out kraftfoods.com. Love it.
Fajitas! Buy a packet of powdered seasoning and it will give you all the instructions. Of course, beans and Spanish rice go well with that, too.
Cranberry Chicken -- check out Blaked Goods (don't know if you've had that one. We had it today).
Pork chops with mashed potatoes and gravy.
This one's an "easier" or "smaller" meal, but we love it:
Flatten biscuit dough from the tube to make pizza crusts. A jar of spaghetti sauce, oregano, some pepperoni, and shredded pizza cheese gives you eight mini pizzas that are really good! And we love a green salad with that. That meal is so super easy to make.
Also, not to be plain or mundane, but we utilize our George Foreman grill very often for hamburgers! Yum!
Post a Comment