I had one of those nights last night where I couldn't fall asleep until about 1 am because my mind was going so fast I couldn't calm it down. I haven't really had this experience since I quit teaching, although it was very common when I was a full time teacher. I think I've discovered my trigger: projects.
Since we've been here in Rochester, I haven't attempted too many projects. I've just let us get settled here, figure out our routine, etc. And I think we're in a really good spot right now - happy with life, getting most things done when they need to be done, and enjoying each other's company.
But all of the sudden, I feel this burning need to do spring cleaning. I want to wipe walls. I want to organize EVERYTHING! I want to throw out anything we haven't touched since moving here (which is a bit extreme since there is an awful lot of baby stuff that I sure hope we need again at some point!). I just want my house to be super clean! Well, folks, I guess that's my project for April. I made lists of all the things I want to do. I guess I'll have to report back how much I actually get through!
Are any of you spring cleaning? Or do you have other projects that keep you up at night?
6 comments:
Last week I bleached the kitchen floor and had a dentist appointment the same day. Ryan wrote a song about it:
Clean your teeth and clean the tile
Brighten the floor, brighten your smile.
It's spring cleaning!
It's spring cleaning!
(It's much cuter when you can hear the tune with it too.)
That's what I need . ..projects to keep me busy!
Oh my gosh Michelle, it is like you read my mind. I TOTALLY got bit by the cleaning bug. I literally got up at six this morning and started scrubbing walls and baseboards and organizing the heck out of closets that never see the light of day. Part of it is because we're getting ready to move. But a bigger part of it is I am literally addicted to cleaning sometimes. And our house feels so so good right now!
Whew! I made it through the whole kitchen today! I know, it's only one room in the house, but it always seems to be the hardest one. Now to finish everything else!
Four rooms, entry way, and a hallway finished. Left to do: 5 rooms. And organizing/getting rid of the junk I've found. I can make it!!!
It's official: I hate cleaning blinds more than any other household chore. Ey-uck.
Post a Comment