Friday, June 10, 2011

Mike the Handy Man

Mike has been working like CRAZY on our deck. The previous owners painted it baby blue... with non-waterproof paint. So after only one winter, half of the paint is peeling off in sheets like a gigantic sunburn. Mike has been superman about going out every night to pressure wash or sand or scrape or strip. (Strip the paint, folks. C'mon.)

Anyway, I have been taking "Before" and "During" shots, and I will give you a whole nice update once we finally have the "After" shots, too, but in the meantime, Aidan sure loves to copy his dad! Here they are sanding...


and hammering!

Also, we had three trees removed from our backyard. It was pouring rain the day they came, so I just got a partial "Before" shot through the window (pardon the glare), but the "After" shot shows how much space it opened up!


And of course, Mike went out to put grass seed on the bare spots...with a little help from Aidan!


I love my two handy men!

1 comment:

Lisa Merkley said...

I'll be excited to see the after. What color are you going to paint it? Or are you just going to stain it?