Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Festival

Wow, this was almost a month ago... and I'm just now posting. And Aidan is still obsessed with all the goodies he got from this day!

Anyway... the local nature center had a Fall Festival, so we spent the morning there doing all sorts of fun activities. Aidan got to make a pin and color on a pumpkin.


He also got to pretend to be a bee (hence the headband) as he navigated through an obstacle course. I love his face in the second photo - he was trying so hard to get through the tunnel without knocking off his the headband!



We did a ring toss game and painted a paper butterfly (I had never seen these paints before, but they are great - no mess!).


He desperately wanted to go in a canoe, but alas, the youngest they would allow is 3. (I wanted to go, too, but pregnancy makes me strangely sea sick, which I never am at any other time.) However, Aidan DID love crossing this little bridge.

He got to dig through buckets of sand looking for little plastic dinosaurs. I think this might have been his favorite part - he was literally there for about half an hour!

We also helped him make a candle and we went on a long "bug's life" hike. And last but not least, the day wasn't complete without decorating your own cookie! (Most of that frosting ended up going straight into Aidan's mouth rather than onto the cookie!)


I love fun family activities!

1 comment:

LaRae said...

How fun! I love that places offer such family-oriented activities! And I love that you are taking advantage of them! Sometimes it gets harder to do things like then when you get a big family -- too many obligations in many directions! Have fun with your little family!