Sunday, January 8, 2012

Links to Share

I remembered that newborns are tough, but being in the experience reminds me all over again. I love the little guy, and he's totally worth it, but I have a hard time remembering that at 4 am some nights!

That being said, I've recently come across two links that I thought were worth passing along to fellow parents.

The first link, found here http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/04/2011-lesson-2-dont-carpe-diem/ is about those people that tell you to enjoy every minute of raising your children because they grow up so fast. The author says that while this message is good in theory, she hears it and feels guilty that she is not in a constant state of joy and ecstasy while parenting. I love her conclusion that there are two types of time, and while we can't literally enjoy every minute of parenting (like stepping in a pile of poop in your son's closet, as I did the other day!), we can stop every day and realize the small things about parenting that are miraculous and lovely. I thought it was a very uplifting (and guilt-reducing!) article!

The second link, found here http://studerteam.blogspot.com/2011/11/25-rules-for-mothers-of-sons.html?m=1, gives some guidelines for raising sons. Some are funny, some are sweet, some are practical, all are good reminders to me of why I am so lucky to have the privilege of raising my two beautiful boys.

I am so imperfect as a parent. I have many times that I wish I could ask for a do-over, especially under the influence of sleep deprivation! However, I am so grateful to have a kind and considerate husband, two forgiving boys, and a Heavenly Father who knows my needs even before I can voice them.

And? I'm so grateful to know that Ethan will eventually sleep through the night! I will survive until then, one sleep-deprived night at a time!

2 comments:

Lore said...

"This too shall pass," and likely, in the future, you will once again forget exactly how difficult it is and want to do it all over again. That is what makes us mothers.

Will we get the chance to see more pictures of beautiful Ethan again soon?

Ann Michelle said...

Hang in there Michelle. Boys are wonderful (I know I have two!!:) ) And they are never dull!!!! One exciting adventure after another:)!