Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Fish

I have a fish. His name is Lucky, and he must be! After all, he's over 3 years old! (And that's a pretty long life for a fish.)

Here's his picture: isn't he pretty?!
















I bought him in Utah, and he survived a classroom full of kids (forgetting to feed him), the move to Iowa (in the front seat of my car), and 2 more classrooms full of kids (again, forgetting to feed him).


Unfortunately, he now has a problem. Look closely at this picture. Do you see it?


















The big spot that looks like mold on the middle of his side? Yeah, I'm not sure what that is. I've searched online, been to a pet store, bought and tried drops, including a fungus remover that turned his water a nasty lime green, and still no luck.

Any ideas what else this could be or how to fix it? I would appreciate any suggestions - I sure don't want my next classroom full of kids to find Lucky belly-up one morning!

7 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

I knew it! I've started something! YES!

As per instructions about pictures...While you are composing your post, you can click and drag a picture to where you want it like you would in a word processing document. If you are having trouble with it being exactly where you want it try the following. Go to the SETTINGS tab and then go to FORMATTING. Find the one labeled "Enable Float Alignment." If you are having trouble, make sure this says "No." This has fixed any problems I've had. Good luck.

Lisa Merkley said...

Sadly, I have no experience with fish besides Popcorn and Caramel and even then, I didn't do much...

Spencer said...

I like the blog! But please entertain my ignorance: how did you come up with the name of your blog? What does it mean? I know what steel wool is, but I don't get the name.

Audrey Seymour said...

YEAh! Finally! I knew you were not hopeless! :)
As for the fish, well,I have no clue. Sorry. Put black nailpolish on it?

LaRae said...

No idea about the fish. Popcorn and Caramel lived longer than any pet goldfish I knew about, and we did feed them and change their water.

Michelle said...

Spencer, the phrase "wool-gathering" is another phrase for daydreaming, or thinking, or staring off into space. I figured that wool-gathering is an appropriate label for blogging, and since it happens to fit nicely with my last name, VOILA! There's the name of my blog. Now do you get it???

Heidi said...

I don't know about the fish; I hardly even took care of Popcorn and Caramel beccause I was so young. Thanks for the explanation on the blog name. It's a clever one. And thanks, Lisa, for the tips on adding pictures.