Sunday, June 28, 2009

Worst Parents Ever?

So, are we the worst parents ever? Aidan won't sleep in his crib, only in his car seat. But when we put him in there, he tends to slouch down and wiggle himself sort of sideways. It looks a little uncomfortable, but today he contorted himself into this position:


Look at the angle of his neck! It looks like someone cut off his head and set it onto some other baby's body! Does that make us bad parents? :) (You should know, we DID move him back to a semi-normal position after taking the picture.)
And for your viewing pleasure, more cute pictures of my kiddo:


I know, he's all skin and bones. We have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday (this is an extra one beyond what they normally do because at his 2 week checkup he still wasn't back up to his birth weight)... we'll see if he has gained enough weight then. We're still worried about it, especially since he still looks so skinny and has been wanting to feed nonstop for the past four days. But maybe it's just a growth spurt; we'll see and I'll let you know! And even if he is skinny, isn't he adorable?

6 comments:

jessica said...

Bad parents?!...I think not. Just consider what positions he had been sleeping in for 9 months. That position is no biggie! Babies are such contortionists. I'm sure its actually really comfortable for him. Really, it is whatever works:) We still think you're great.

Ann Michelle said...

Your great parents! Babies sleep in all kinds of positions that their parents couldn't possibly get into. Doesn't seem to bother them any.

Spencer said...

HAHAHA! Loved the pics. I personally think that he looks like ET in the middle picture.

Rebecca said...

Spencer! We think alike .. .I was totally going to comment that he looked like ET! It's funny how often I go to comment on somebody's blog, and I find that one of my siblings already wrote my sentiments on an earlier comment. =)

Jeni G said...

Hi Guys! I think he is adorable!

LaRae said...

I know he is adorable from first hand experience!