I just had one of those moments where your heart melts and you know that being a mom has to be the absolute best thing in the entire world.
I was doing the dishes from lunch while Aidan was playing with some toys in the living room. As I finished, I needed to run upstairs for something. I walked past him and said, "Aidan, I need to go upstairs for a little bit. Do you want to come or do you want to stay here?" (Yeah, I know he probably doesn't understand that yet, but I figure that by saying stuff as if he does understand it, that's how he'll learn.)
But lo and behold, my kiddo turned to look at me with the hugest grin, as if he had understood every word I said, then race crawled over to me as if he couldn't bear to be out of my sight for even a second. He looked at me with an expression of just absolute adoration. For those 20 seconds, I was his favorite thing in the entire world.
Being a mom is the BEST!!!
3 comments:
Well hopefully I'll have my own kids someday, because we all know Aidan would never give me a look of adoration! :)
heehee, Heidi
Sheesh your kid's cute. I heart that post-it note picture rill bad.
Post a Comment