At the risk of sounding sacrilegious...
Has anyone else heard the phrase "we pray thee" used in prayers? Or is it just an Iowa thing? For example, someone will say a prayer that includes, "We pray thee that the Spirit will be here", "We pray thee for those who couldn't come to be able to come next week," or will just plain end with "We pray thee in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
I was brought up hearing "we ASK Thee" rather than "we PRAY Thee," so it strikes me as odd every time I hear it. Am I just weird? Does anyone else hear this in their ward?
What's Wrong With This Picture?
21 hours ago
6 comments:
I've not heard it before.
never heard that phrase before -- it is weird
i've heard it and it doesn't sit well with me either.
never heard it but it reminds me of the WYWS Catholic prayer
I haven't heard that, but some people here pray in Latin...it's nicer when you don't know what they're saying.
Post a Comment