Saturday, April 17, 2010

Why I Love Spring

Aidan and I went on a walk to the park the other day, and the whole way there and back I just kept thinking about why spring is so amazing. I thought I'd share my reasons with you!

I love spring because:

1. You get to pull out all your cute clothes.

2. And if you have to buy some spring clothes, they come in better colors than winter clothes.

3. And they're cheaper!

4. With everyone wearing t-shirts, shorts, and flip flops, laundry is about 2 loads less!

5. Getting out the door is SO much easier since I don't have to put me and Aidan in coats, hats, gloves, scarves, and socks.

6. Plus, sandals are so much easier to get on and off than other shoes!

7. I can actually paint my toenails without my feet freezing.

8. The city finally starts to repair all of the potholes in the road.

9. We can play outside and go on walks! (This was Aidan's face the first time I tried to get him to crawl outside.)
("Are you SURE about this, Mom?!")
10. We can ride bikes! (Well, I can once we get a seat for Aidan on the back of mine. But I'm going to go for a ride today!)

11. Everything is so GREEN!!!

12. And the flowers are gorgeous!

(These are from my front flower bed!)

13. Birds come out again.

14. Getting the mail is fun again instead of a chore.

15. The produce is awesome! (Hello, strawberry freezer jam!)

16. I can finally wash all the salt off of my car!

17. I don't have to sweep our entry way 16 times a day any more because there isn't any sand coming in on shoes.

18. Driving is so much easier without snow and ice on the roads.

19. It's just prettier outside without all the gross dirty old snow!

20. Animals have their little babies.

21. There's more sunshine!

22. And the days last longer, too!

23. We can finally take the plastic off of our windows, which means we can open them again!

24. Which also means we save money since we don't have to heat our house!

25. I'm just happier in the spring!



Now, I realize that there are people out there who actually like summer, fall, or (goodness forbid!) winter. And they are welcome to post their reasons why on their own blog. But here at Steele Wool-Gathering, spring RULES! Feel free to add why YOU like spring!

P.S. Scroll down for more new posts.

2 comments:

jessica said...

It's always nice getting the beginning of a new season...especially such a green one!

Heidi said...

I also love the sandal reason, but unfortunately I can't wear those when I go to work. Shorts are fun, sun makes me happy, picnics can happen, naps outside are great, and the flowers are bloomin' all around me (daffodils are smiling at the sun, *oink* *oink*). I can play with friends at the park, I am not as stressed about school, I can plan fun trips to visit places, and the sun and lack of school combine to make it reading season again! I also heart Spring!