Saturday, February 14, 2009

Productive Day

I had one of those days today where you feel like Super Woman and have all sorts of energy and end up getting a ton of things done - both work AND play! Here's what I did:
  • woke up early to scratch Mike's back
  • fell back asleep for a while and had a nice "lie in"
  • made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast
  • finished reading a book
  • did the dishes
  • swept the kitchen
  • mopped the kitchen
  • cleaned the sinks
  • cleaned the upstairs bathroom
  • cleaned the downstairs bathroom
  • did 5 loads of laundry, including folding and putting away (which is sometimes the part I procrastinate, so I was proud of myself!)
  • sent Mike to get an oil change in his car
  • watched a movie (while I was folding all the laundry)
  • sorted through a bunch of old financial papers to shred - this is a BIG DEAL to me! I don't usually throw things away!
  • made our weekly menu
  • showered and got cute
  • went out to dinner with Mike
  • went grocery shopping
  • vacuumed the house

I realize I wasn't totally romantic for this day of love, but my whole house looks and smells great. How can you beat that?!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay!! Way to be productive! Don't those days feel soo good?!

Lisa Merkley said...

Ya wanna come to my house next?

Spencer said...

We got snowed in most of the day yesterday. And when the snow stopped, everyone and their dog was on the road to Wal-Mart, just like we were.

Eric said...

A clean house is indeed romantic! I keep on telling that to Tanya, although she says I probably don't say it often enough.

LaRae said...

You are welcome at my home any time you feel like having a day like that! What a good feeling!

jessica said...

I'm glad to see the universe is in balance. I think that day was least productive for me:) Nesting are you? I'm so glad I found your blog.

Ibiam said...

Wow I am so excited for you I was reading Lisa blog and she mention that she was sending you boy clothes. A clean house is what I also call a productive day :) Congratulations on your bundle of joy