Rebecca is truly one of my heroes because she has an amazing passion for life. Everything she does, she does 110%. She is constantly grabbing life and hanging on to get the most out of the ride. For example, she served a summer mission in Nauvoo as one of the musicians in the brass band. She has been in the BYU Wind Symphony and gone on tour with them twice, once to the Eastern United States and once to Korea. She was involved in a student music association in college. She brings dedication, creativity, and diligence to her church callings. She is always brimming with enthusiasm about everything she is involved in.
Rebecca loves to serve others. She seriously lives for it. Last fall, Rebecca came to visit me in Iowa. It was right at the start of my school year, and since I hadn't been allowed in my classroom until a week before the students came, I was rather behind. Not only did she show up and bake me special muffins for the first day of school, but she also came to school with me and willingly did all sorts of "gopher" jobs in the background all day to help me get caught up. I still don't think I could have made it without her help that week!
Rebecca is my hero because she reminds me of the kind of person I want to become. I hope to someday emulate her natural ability to think of others' needs. I hope to look back on my life and have no regrets, knowing that - like Rebecca - I've gone out for as many wonderful experiences as I could. But I also hope that like Rebecca I can be completely humble. I don't think she has any idea how much I look up to her. Well, that's what this post is for! Bex, I love you so much!!! Thanks for your example, and I pray for you on your mission every night. I know you will be an amazing missionary. I love you!
1 comment:
I, too, love how Rebecca has lived life to the fullest. She has been an example to me in so many ways!
Post a Comment