So you know that chore that's undone at your house and nagging at a corner of your brain? Maybe the cobweb you saw in the corner? The streak you saw in the toilet bowl? The yucky white gunk that always collects under the gallon of milk in your refrigerator? The paper that's out because you have to call the insurance company before you put it away? The baby toys you were given that need to be washed before you give them to your kid?
No? You don't have those?
Oh, yeah. Those are mine.
So if I were amazing (like my mother-in-law), I would fix those kinds of things every day as soon as I saw them. As the post title says, I would just do them!
And instead, I'm not. I seem to always find myself with a list of things to do, but time creeps on and I don't do them. Honestly, I know that each of those things couldn't take more than 5 minutes, tops. It should be so easy to take care of them! And they sit undone.
Well, today I resolve to just do it! Mike and I got the cobwebs over the weekend, and I cleaned the fridge. I mailed one paper this morning. Today, I will call the insurance so I can put the paper away. I will take the 5 minutes to clean those toys. I will eliminate the streak in the toilet. I will call the doctor to set up an appointment. I will email the lady I visit teach. And at the end of the day, I will feel like superwoman... or at least a little bit more on top of things!
What will YOU "just do" today?
What's Wrong With This Picture?
21 hours ago
6 comments:
Dying to know who left the toilet streak? lol!
I'll give you three guesses and a hint: it wasn't me! :)
Aidan?!
call the cops
I will get some test scores entered into my computer and make the final (for now) choir attendance spreadsheet. So no more blogging, Em! Nice post.
Boy do I know that feeling (and I'm not referring to the streak). Those little Dos just add up and sit on your back like a gorilla. Way to take'em out!
Post a Comment