Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oh, NOW I get it!

So our Sunday went like this: I got up, fed Aidan, got him dressed for church in a darling little church outfit: (yes, I pulled out the 6-9 month clothes for my 3 month old son...)

got me ready, and went to a meeting. During the meeting, Aidan was a little fussy, but not too bad. Then we went to church. During sacrament meeting, Aidan started getting more fussy. Again, I didn't think much of it because it was his nap time, and he usually fusses (a lot!) when he's tired. When he woke up at 11:15, he was STILL fussy. Again, I didn't think much of it - it was time to feed him. During 3rd hour, he was with Mike, so I didn't realize that Aidan was STILL being fussy. He fell asleep on the way home from church. When he woke up, I fed him again. At this point, he was STILL fussy!
Now, we have a pretty mellow baby. He doesn't even get upset about needing diaper changes. Really the only time he ever cries is if he is hungry or if he's tired. So when he had just slept and eaten and was STILL fussy, we knew something was up.
We wondered if he was teething. He has been awfully drooly lately, and he wants to put everything in his mouth. So we got out some teething rings. He liked them, but they didn't completely take away the fussiness. At this point, it had been going from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm! I decided to try his diaper again and see if that was the problem. And that's when we had the AHA moment! I pulled off his darling little pants, and there was a tight line all around his waist. As soon as the pants came off, the kid was happy! He had been fussy all day because his pants were too tight!
Lisa, those are the pants that came with the darling little vest outfit you let me borrow. That was the first time I tried the pants, and I think I waited too long!

1 comment:

Lisa Merkley said...

Shells, if it makes you feel any better, I think I might of used a different pair of khaki pants for that outfit because I found the pants were too small.