I have a new overwhelming appreciation for all single parents out there. The past two days, Mike has had a really bad cold. He actually stayed home from work today; if you know Mike, you know that's HUGE! Since he's trying to avoid getting me or Aidan sick, he hasn't come near either of us for 2 days. However, that means I've had non-stop baby duty. And Aidan has recently developed an aversion to sleeping. I don't know why... I'd LOVE to sleep any time I wanted! But no. He'll yawn, rub his eyes, and just get cranky, but he won't go to sleep! It tends to require you to rock him for about half an hour, during which he is SCREAMING in your ear the entire time before he finally tuckers out. Sigh. How do single parents do it?! Now I understand why God asked us to procreate in a marriage - you need someone to spell off the craziness! Get better soon, Mike!
P.S. Any wonderful tips on getting a baby to sleep???
What's Wrong With This Picture?
21 hours ago
4 comments:
Sorry it has been rough. You might try a warm bath right before bedtime and rub him down with that bedtime lotion. The smell is wonderful. I prefer the Johnsons or Aveno. Mostly becasue my boys have very dry sensitive skin. Then just turn on some church music and sit in a dark room and rock away. Hopefully he will be calm.
the best thing that I have ever found to help get babies to go to sleep is......NyQuil! Works like a charm every time:o)
oh, our poor babe!
Sorry about the last couple of days! It's kinda stinky, huh? This too shall pass.
I remember trying to force Josh to calm down. I had to hold him in a tight grip all the while cooing, singing and talking to him. It took awhile. What you're doing sounds VERY familiar!
The next baby will be totally different.
Post a Comment