
A few weeks ago, I got released as the Young Women's President in our ward. I had served in that calling for almost 4 years - essentially since Mike and I were married. This suddenly means I no longer go to class with them on Sundays, no longer go to Wednesday night activities with them, and no longer spend many weekends with them at stake activities. It also means that I no longer get to spend time with the girls that I love with all of my heart. I have bawled many times about this release. And I know that it was time to move on... but knowing that didn't make it any easier!
I also got a new calling: nursery leader. For many of you, this sounds like a fun calling. To me, this is terrifying. I don't know what I'm doing, and I don't get to be with any adults! I already spend all day at home with my kiddo, and now I get to do more of that at church! Now, lest I sound like a huge whiner, I do already love the kids in the nursery, so I'm sure I will learn and grow in this position. But, it is a big change for me!
In addition to the changes at church, the Sylvan Learning Center where I have worked for the last 4 years is also shutting down at the end of this month. So now I'm out of a part time job, too! Not only will I miss my co-workers there and the students I teach, but now I also have to wrestle with the question of do I try to do some tutoring from home? If so, how many hours? How do I find students? What materials do I use? Many possible life changes could come up depending on what I decide.
And one more big change, albeit temporary. My life-long dream of being in a play is finally coming true! I auditioned at our community theater and got a part as Betty Meeks in "The Foreigner." It is a very funny show, and I think my character is hilarious. I am loving rehearsals (another big life change - 3 nights a week out of the house). (Ignore the information at the top of the picture - that's not my theater. It was just a fun image I stole off the Internet.) So anyone in the area, feel free to come watch! Sunday July 11 at 2:00, Monday-Saturday July 12-17 at 7. See you there!
Lots of changes, huh? Thank goodness for prayer that can help us adapt!
2 comments:
Ah Ah Ah, I was just in nursery yesterday subbing. It was very different than what I thought. I thought it was like babysitting but we had a lesson, an activity, song practices. So well organized. All i wanted to do was play with legos but I had to be reverent I was told. :) But I am still in YW. It was just for the day...to the relief of the actual nursery leader! :)
YEAH! Well think about it this way...more time for gardening, for card making, for outdoor activity (still run and bike?) and more time to prepare your nursery lessons!
Changes are the breath of life!
I have been the nursery head person for about a year now and I am still freaked out. I don't know what I am doing, but I love those little tikes. Luckily I don't have to do it alone. We have about 7 of us to handle 40 kids. It's like a mini primary with a lot of cryers and few who are potty trained. :) Don't get me wrong. I hope I am in this calling for a long time and I know I will cry a lot when it is over. :)
Post a Comment