
I had a new experience in my teaching career the other day. We had just finished doing a novel study on Sarah, Plain and Tall. So, I thought I would be a nice teacher and get the movie for my kids to watch on Friday afternoon. Nice, right? What kid doesn't like watching a movie instead of learning? Yeah, well, the ones in my class don't! After only 30 minutes, they were all antsy and talkative, and when I asked if they wanted to turn it off and do something else, they all said yes! How strange is that?!
4 comments:
Is the movie any good? Did you get the Hallmark version?
I remember thinking that movie/slumber parties would be fun to sponsor for some of my daughter's birthday parties, but that the girls would also be bored very soon into the movie and just start talking. Face it, kids today just have short attention spans!
so, did you have a plan b for the kids or did you just have to wing it?
Yes, it was good. Yes, it was the Hallmark edition. And other things took longer than I anticipated, so we only had about 10 extra minutes to fill. We just did some handwriting.
Post a Comment