Saturday, November 1, 2008

1.99!

That's right, folks. I went to the store today and I saw it with my own eyes. Gas for only 1.99 a gallon!!!!

I knew there had to be an upside to our crashing economy!

11 comments:

LaRae said...

Well, there are people in Midland are very scared when the price of oil goes down! Our whole economy depends upon it.

Heidi said...

Wow. That's quite impressive.

Jennifer said...

Oh my. It's still around 2.67 for us.

Did you hear about someplace in the USA (not sure where) that a few weeks ago they sold gas for 1.01 in connection with the radio station 101.something? Police were involved to help with traffic problems that occured because of it.

Rebecca said...

ah! i'm so jealous! I remember when i was a junior in high school talking to some friends of mine and saying, "man, i'm really going to have to limit how much gas i get if it ever goes over $2 a gallon" that was only a few years ago, too, folks . ..

Lisa Merkley said...

I was excited to see 2.42 here!!!

Michelle said...

Our economy depends on the price of gas, too!

-Mike

Spencer said...

Like you ever paid for your own gas in high school, Rebecca.

Tanya said...

gas is 2.36 here

Audrey Seymour said...

Wow that is so cheap. We are still at 2.71 and that is way cheap for here

Jennifer said...

So, over a week later, is it still at 1.99?

Michelle said...

No, it's down to 1.98 now.