Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Tag

~Christmas Tag~

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually paper, especially for family - more fun to open. We always have a huge wrapping party on Christmas Eve! But bags for the little chintzy gifts to co-workers and stuff if I'm in a hurry.

2. Real tree or artificial? Fake. That way I only have to spend the money once.

3. When do you put up the tree? It's turning into the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but it's not a set in stone tradition yet.

4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I get around to it. I try not to go TOO late into January!

5. Do you like egg nog? yes. I can't drink much because it's so rich, but my husband has made himself sick (several times!) drinking too much at once.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? ??? Didn't have anything that really stands out from Christmas.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Probably my in laws. I'm never sure what they really would like, Mike is no help, and anything they really want they buy for themselves!

8. Easiest person to buy for? I think it's me! I always have a nice list of exactly what I want!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a little dinky Dollar Store one because I wanted at least something. I will eventually buy a nice one, but I don't know when.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Hmmm... since I don't really send either, I'm not sure! I love to get either, although I think I like the email ones a little better since I don't feel guilty about throwing them away. I think that they would be easier to send if I ever did decide to (and cheaper!), but there is also something nice about getting actual snail mail. Hmmm... it's a toss up.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Ornaments. I get about a billion nasty unmatching grody ones from students every year, and I like my pretty matching tree! But then I feel guilty for not using their gift. Sigh. What a vicious cycle.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after Thanksgiving sometime. I don't have a huge list of people to buy for, so I really don't need to worry about it before that.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. How do you think I get rid of the nasty ornaments?!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? maybe fudge? But I like a lot of the Christmas-time treats.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, but I like them to be all white. I think it's prettier than colored.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? The First Noel, but many others are a close second.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I've gone home to Texas every single year of my life, but I guess next Christmas I'll have to figure out something different since there won't be a home there to go to! Not sure if we will stay or go after that... probably stay.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, of course! Who can't?!

20. Angel on top of the tree or a star? Star, and it's a pretty one, too.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It's snowy and dark and cold. Yuck. Give me spring any day!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have blue, silver, and red with our white lights. I think it's really nice!

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Hmmm... not sure. We've always done ham sandwiches and potato salad, which is good, but I don't have a huge favorite or anything.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a paper shredder, some new tennis shoes, and a robe.

26. Who do you tag? No one is obligated. Feel free if you want!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You said you went home every single year of your life. Have you and Mike had a Christmas away from Midland as a married couple? As for the unmatching ornaments, have a small tree in your classroom decorated with those....

Michelle said...

I can't have a small tree with grody ornaments - I already have little apple ornaments for my classroom tree!
Mike and I have gone to Midland every year. South D at Thanksgiving, TX at Christmas.

Jennifer said...

Oh, single as in the other form of the word - not unmarried, but every occurance... ;0

Rebecca said...

Well done, Shelle . . .