Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Paved Road!!!

There is only one access road to our house. You HAVE to go on 7th Ave. N, or you can't get to our house. Period. It's been pretty chewed up and gross for a while now, but hey, that's Fort Dodge, right?

Well, about 3 weeks ago, I drove out one morning to find the road further torn and gravelled. (Gravelled? Is that a word?) This was clearly done by machines. We were so excited thinking that they were going to re-pave the road! However, it sat there in its gravelly glory... and sat there... and sat there... and turned to absolute MUD when the rains came. I was honestly worried that they wouldn't do anything until after winter! Driving on ice is bad enough, but on ice over gravel! Yuck!

Well, they finally smoothed it over again a few days ago, but I was afraid to hope.

And yet! Today when I came home, it was over a beautiful, smooth PAVED road!!! Granted, only one half of the road is actually done, but that means they have to do the other half eventually! And half a road is twice as good as no road! (Yes, I know, technically 1/2 x 2 does not equal 0.)

Celebration for city work that has to finish as it gets colder! Yet another reason to not hate fall! :)

2 comments:

LaRae said...

I love being able to picture what road you're talking about. That's why it's fun to have visited you at your home, unlike some others who have never been to Ft. Dodge. Yay for paving!

Emily said...

And it's a good thing you don't teach multiplying fractions. But, you should know how to do the 0s! . . . ANYTHING times 0 is 0!!!