
I am so excited! I've had the chance to share the gospel lately! It started when a teacher at my school came up to me and said, "Michelle, can I ask you a personal question? Are you Mormon?" Of course I said yes, and he replied, "I'm reading your Book of Mormon! Can I talk to you if I have any questions?" And I said no. I mean... of course, yes!
Anyway, as Conference approached, I felt inspired to invite him to watch it. I was nervous, but found him and said, "Just so you know, my church is having a big conference this weekend, and it's on the internet if you're interested in watching any of it." He said he was, so I said I'd email the site to him. Well, I forgot to do that, and the next day, he came up to me and said, "Michelle, don't forget to get me that site!" WOW! So I showed him the Church site (www.lds.org if I have any visitors to my site that I don't know about!) and KBYU, plus gave him a schedule of the sessions of Conference and showed him where all the talks would be archived if he wanted to read any after they played.
So today, while I was teaching, he came into my room just to say, "Michelle, thank you so much for telling me about that. I LOVED watching it!" I was so excited! I went to talk with him after school, and he had watched the Sunday morning session. He was telling me about some of the stories in it and how much they touched him and related to his life! He knew a Mormon friend earlier in life, which is partly why he is interested in the gospel now, and he said, "I already passed this up once. I don't think it would be a good idea to pass it up again!" WOW!!!
My other missionary experience has been with the lady I carpool with. It started as just the two of us, but we eventually added a ward member who is an engineer at a company in Webster City. Since she is now carpooling with TWO Mormons, she's started asking a bunch of questions. Don't get your hopes up - her husband is a Methodist minister! - but we've talked about temples, missions, food storage, tithing, lay clergy, scriptures, Christmas, and probably a few things more that I can't remember! It's been such a neat chance for me to share some of what I believe! Isn't the gospel amazing?!
5 comments:
Michelle, that's so exciting! I'm glad that these people seem to be showing interest!
yes!! the Gospel IS so amazing! I remember being there when your coworker asked you the first question, and I'm so glad you told him about Conference! Ah! You so totally rock, Michelle! =)
Go sister Steele! I am proud of you they could not have asked for a better missionany than you!
Nice going. I should send you a cookie in the mail.
I, too, had a nice opportunity on my flight home from WA. I spent the two plus hours from Seattle to Alb. talking with the guy on my row about the church, why we don't drink coffee (and he asked what other things we don't partake of), about BYU, about my 8 children (and he was floored -- he didn't know anyone who had that many kids), how we are Christians, etc. It was fun.
Post a Comment