
It's official. Mike and I are both nerds. I teach an ACT prep class at Sylvan, and one day I told my boss, "You know, I should take one of these math sections to see how I do since I'm supposed to be the teacher!" She said, "Sure! Go grab a practice booklet!" So I took one home. I was just going to do the math part sometime, but Mike saw it on the table and said, "Oh, are you taking the ACT? I want to take it!" I told him I was just doing the math, and he said, "No, let's do the whole thing!" So I went back to Sylvan (a different day, not right away!) and asked if I could have another one for my husband. Tiffany (my boss) laughed and said sure. So what did we do today? That's right, folks, we spent about 3 1/2 hours VOLUNTARILY re-taking the ACT!!!
Yes, we really are nerds!
9 comments:
Can you get extras of those for the rest of us nerds??
I think that was too recent of an occurrence for Whitney and me to want to do it again.
I'm not quite positive of what my scores were (I took it twice in High School), but it would be interesting to see if I got 'smarter' or 'dumber' or stayed the same 8+ years later.
What does the fine print of the nerd poster say?
hopeless!
I never took the exam so I have no idea how I will do on it, if I had to take it
I could probably get copies for the other nerds! Who wants one???
I think it said, "You can't get a life if you don't have one." Or something like that.
Needless to say, I think me retaking it would be a little pointless. I'd probably get the same score, or just get dumber, so I don't think I'll go through the torture again, thanks. :) You guys make me laugh.
Oh. Brother. The ACT may be a measure of your educational knowledge, but it's certianly not a measure of what fun people should do during their free time . . .
Post a Comment