Yes, my poor husband had to get up about an hour early to shovel all of this. What a champ!
So obviously (by the title of this post), I don't have school today. And of course, who doesn't love an unexpected day off?! However, I will say that I wish it had held off until January. Here's my reasoning:
1. I don't need a break yet! We just had Thanksgiving, we'll have Christmas soon, and I'm not sick of school yet. But come January? Yeah, I'll be wanting a break then.
2. As you read in my previous post, I already did all of my laundry last night. In fact, my house is mostly clean, I'm mostly caught up on grading, and frankly, I don't have a lot to DO around here today! (Well, I could wrap Christmas presents, but I don't have any wrapping paper and I don't want to drive to go get some!)
3. Our school district doesn't have built in snow days. Any day we take off is added to the end of the year. If we start taking days off this early, we might go into June! Yuck!
But, despite my reluctance (of course compounded by my absolute hatred of snow and cold, as many of you are aware), I AM excited to have a day off! I already read a book this morning, and I think I'll even have time to put away all of my laundry! :) Feel free to comment or call if you're having a lazy day off, too!
5 comments:
It snowed here too yesterday, just barely 1/8 inch fell on the grass and roofs, but is sticking around today as the temperature is in the 20's, and Natalie insisted on walking to school today, so Evelyn was freezing when we got home. I will be in the car to pick Natalie up after Evelyn gets an assessment today.
I'm surely glad that snow isn't outside my front (or back) door! We have wind and a cold mist today, and that is enough. I had planned on going out to pick up pecans, but I don't want to do it in the "cold." I know, you are probably going to just rub your two fingers together and be the world's smallest violin playing a dutifully sad song for me.
I will be going into June for the end of my school year!
I WISH I had a lazy day today...It's been non-stop and I've seen Whitney for a grand total of about 20 minutes, if that.
Yeah, mine's called Reading Day. 'Xcept I still have tons of stuff to do!
Post a Comment