Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Klutz

I am about to confess an embarrassing moment. Don't laugh TOO hard!

A few weeks ago, I had my friend's daughter on my lap during sacrament meeting. When they came by with the sacrament, I had to make sure that the wiggly 18-month-old didn't knock the cup out of my hands. I remember thinking, "Boy, that would be funny if she spilled it all over me!"

Fast forward a few Sundays to this past one. This time, no kids. Just me and Mike. The deacon comes by with the sacrament. I pick up the cup. Lo and behold, I somehow managed to spill it all over myself! I'm not talking I took a drink and accidentally dribbled some down my chin. I'm talking I dropped the entire cup all over my shirt and skirt! All of us (me, my husband, the deacon who was passing the sacrament, and the entire family in front of us) were all trying not to laugh out loud. Sigh. Who knew you had to be coordinated to take the sacrament?!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

wow. there's nothing like being clumsy when you're trying to be righteous, huh?

LaRae said...

And then even more funny is having to take a completely different cup to be able to partake of the sacrament!

Heidi said...

Haha!!! I love that not just you, but everyone around you had to try hard not to laugh. I've spilled a few drops on me before, but never the whole cup! haha

Rebecca said...

yay for posts about awkward moments. those are the best!

Eric said...

Two posts in a row now! First you throw out some scriptures, now you spill the water. Way to go.