Last night I had just put Aidan to bed, so I didn't want to turn on the light but my eyes hadn't quite adjusted to the dark yet. I went into my bedroom to grab something and left the door open behind me. Unfortunately, our windows were open and the wind must have blown the door partially shut. Since I couldn't see very well, you guessed it - on my way out I ran SMACK into the edge of the door!
In the picture you can see the damage. I have a big goose egg and cut on the outside edge of my left eyebrow (which is the right side of the picture). Can you see how it makes the shape of my eye all funny? Ouch!!!
UPDATE: Now it's turning into a partial black eye! Isn't that fun? Especially since we have family pictures tomorrow!!!


7 comments:
Twinkle Toes
Last time I had an incident with the edge of a door, I lost the tip of my finger. Sound familiar?
Just wear eye shadow the same color as the bruise. It'll look good with a greenish shirt, I think.
That is a nice shiner. Our daughter got one just like it a few weeks ago when she ran into the corner of the wall. We're glad you commented on our blog. We didn't know you knew the Fullers. Jordan is Mitch's cousin. Small world.
What a wonderful golden color of eyeshadow...just kidding. We're glad you're okay. We had to put night lights in all of the rooms(especially the hallways) in our house after we had Hudson for that very reason!
I'm sure it felt wonderful -- did you wake Aidan as you groaned in pain?
No, I bit my lip and moaned very quietly.
Post a Comment