This is Mike's contribution to the blog. He saw this online the other day and just about died laughing. He wants to put it on a shirt! Ah, yay for humor!
Hilarious. Speaking of bacon, just out of curiousity, have any of you bought the pre-cooked bacon? How does it compare in taste? I'm sure it is much more expensive than non-cooked bacon, but there are a few times when it would really be nice to have pre-cooked bacon available. A couple of times, I have cooked up a big bunch when I have had time, then kept it in the refrigerator to have available for other times.
For all of you younger ones who thought they were so creative playing with "bacon"...you were not the first! Where did you think you got the idea from?
Also, mom, you can separate bacon into smaller portions when you buy it (before you freeze it) so you don't have to cook all of it at once. I've seen it done where you roll the bacon up (so it looks like a tortilla roll up) and freeze it on cookie sheets. Then put the rolled up bacon in a big bag and take out as many pieces as you want at a time.
Lees, I do know the trick of separating bacon into the size of packages you want to freeze and then thaw at one time, but I just like the idea of having bacon already cooked to use, and then only having to clean up the messy bacon grease and pan once.
I'm a wife, mom, child of God, housekeeper, cook, doer of laundry, friend, teacher, musician, daughter, and sister, order of importance varying on the day and the situation. I love life and my sweet husband Mike, and staying home with our little guys Aidan and Ethan makes me so happy! Summer is my favorite time of year, purple is my favorite color, and ice cream is my favorite food!
8 comments:
I've actually seen it on shirts, before, so they exist!
Spencer and I used to pretend that the fabric softener sheets were bacon. We'd tear them up and eat them. Yum!
Bec, I did that with you guys. How dare you forget me. :)
Hilarious. Speaking of bacon, just out of curiousity, have any of you bought the pre-cooked bacon? How does it compare in taste? I'm sure it is much more expensive than non-cooked bacon, but there are a few times when it would really be nice to have pre-cooked bacon available. A couple of times, I have cooked up a big bunch when I have had time, then kept it in the refrigerator to have available for other times.
For all of you younger ones who thought they were so creative playing with "bacon"...you were not the first! Where did you think you got the idea from?
Also, mom, you can separate bacon into smaller portions when you buy it (before you freeze it) so you don't have to cook all of it at once. I've seen it done where you roll the bacon up (so it looks like a tortilla roll up) and freeze it on cookie sheets. Then put the rolled up bacon in a big bag and take out as many pieces as you want at a time.
Lees, I do know the trick of separating bacon into the size of packages you want to freeze and then thaw at one time, but I just like the idea of having bacon already cooked to use, and then only having to clean up the messy bacon grease and pan once.
If you do put it on a shirt I want one!
Post a Comment