Sunday, March 29, 2009

Creating

My favorite idea from last fall's RS General Broadcast was from Elder Uchtdorf. He said,

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.
Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children."

So in the spirit of Elder Uchtdorf's talk, I would like to share with you some things I have created over the past few days.

Okay, so the cookies were actually from way back in February (I made them for my students on my birthday) - I took a picture to share and just never did. But the rest of them were from this weekend! (And I can't really take credit for the darling necklace - it was the craft project from our YW Broadcast workshop thing yesterday.) Elder Uchtdorf is right - creating really does bring happiness!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute, cute, yummy, and adorable!! How did you make that fun necklace? And my, I have creatively crafty siblings and sibling-in-laws.

Rebecca said...

Amen. and Amen.

LaRae said...

It's great fun to see the cute things you create. And I'm anxious to see that little
"Stetson" that you and Mike have created!

Jennifer said...

more preggo pics, michelle!