Friday, October 23, 2009

The Dangers of Working Out

I have finally gotten back into my gym routine, and it feels great! (Thank goodness for the child care that comes free with our family gym membership!) However, the other day I finished my workout and was stretching out. I reached back to grab my foot, and my fingernail caught on my shoe. It ended up doing this:
Ouch!!! I wasn't sure which would hurt less: trying to cut it off where it broke, or leaving it half ripped so it pulls on everything. I ended up leaving the rip alone but cutting the rest of the nail really short. I'll try to cut it where it ripped when it has grown out a little farther. Luckily it isn't hurting TOO much any more. That's what I get for trying to exercise, huh?!

1 comment:

Lisa Merkley said...

That actually recently happened to me. Bleeding and everything. I ended up putting a finger band aid on it over and over and over again to protect it until I could cut it when it didn't hurt anymore.