Friday, October 23, 2009

School

I was cleaning out the last of my school stuff. I had 2 boxes of keepsake-type things: letters from students or parents, pictures, plan books, evaluations, etc. I think I did pretty well - I went from 2 boxes down to this:


But in the process of cleaning, I discovered that I was missing a class composite picture from last year. I called the photo company... they don't keep them. But they DID give me a permission form to copy it if I could find someone else's. My school had a copy, and I had promised to go visit sometime with Aidan, so I went out to get the picture and see my old students.

It's fun to see how they grow up. Do you realize that my first class of 3rd graders are now sophomores?! And the 4th graders I taught as a long-term sub are now seniors?! That sure makes me feel old!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't realize you were a long term sub. Before your internship? I think I was on my mission right before your intership, so maybe I missed that...

Michelle said...

During my second cohort experience, my cooperating teacher was pregnant. I covered her maternity leave at the end of the year (after I finished my classes in April).

Emily said...

Jen, we all three lived together in Chatsworth the whole year of Michelle's cohort. That means you lived with her as she ended her classes and long-termed subbed. You didn't leave on your mish until just you and I lived there, thus leaving me all alone for about two months at the end there...