This is a post of mixed emotions.

I am counting down days of school. Right now there are 13 1/2 student days left, 15 for me if you include teacher work days. On the one hand, that's great because what teacher doesn't love summer vacation?! By this time of year, I'm almost always ready to send my group of kids on to the next grade. Plus, the sooner school is over, the sooner my little guy is here. But on the other hand, it's really sad knowing that This. Is. It. Once I count down those last few days, I won't be a classroom teacher again for who knows how long, if ever.
I am also counting down weeks of pregnancy left. (I don't want to switch to days yet because it still feels like a lot.) Right now, I have 5 1/2 weeks until my due date. On the one hand, I can't wait to meet this little guy! Plus, I'm getting big enough/swollen enough/achy enough/uncomfortable enough to start thinking that being done with being pregnant might not be so bad. On the other hand, the closer I get, the more I start realizing that my life is going to change forever! That, and it means I'll have to go through labor!
Sometimes both countdowns seem so far away, and sometimes they seem so close that if I blink they might be here. And sometimes one seems close while the other seems like it will never come. Change can be really scary!
I know lots of people in my family have big events coming up this year. Is anyone else counting down toward something right now?
6 comments:
Yeah. I'm gettin' a bit nervous about moving. I'm not counting down yet, but it certainly will mean the end of some good things and hopefully the beginning of some other good things.
How about my response to your blog about your skirt -- that kind of gives you an idea of things I am counting down toward. And yes, they all make me sort of nervous.
I'm counting down (though not literally) to the end of my adult school. I've really enjoyed it and learned a lot, but it sure is a lot to juggle while working full time and holding down a calling and trying to be social and trying to get sleep (which usually suffers). I'm very glad I decided to not do the masters - for various reasons. But, since I chose not to do another year of school, the end IS in sight. I respect people who either 1) do more than a bachelors and just keep on chugging right after graduating or 2) go BACK to school full time after having time off.
Not counting down, but I realize that I need to find a REAL JOB that can pay for a family. By the time this year is over, I'll need to have something lined up, and that TERRIFIES me.
Michelle, I miss you! The biggest thing I'm counting down for right now is sleeping through the night again...Eight hours sounds like pure bliss. I loved hearing more about your feelings--I remember so many of those as I stopped teaching, and you have so much more great experience than me. Change is scary and kind of hard, but it also means growth. You have so much to offer as a mother! I can't wait to see your new little guy!
Amy Waterfall
One of my friends on tour asked me how many days until my mission. I haven't yet started counting down in days (still in weeks mode), but it kind of seemed weird to answer that. As much of a missionary as I am in Asia, my goal with this group is to put forth my entire effort for the group and to enjoy myself and glean (yes, I just used that word) every blessing from this trip that the Lord has in store for me.
So . .not counting down to the end of tour . . .not yet, anyway. =)
Post a Comment