Friday, May 29, 2009

Invincible

I am convinced that my fish is invincible.

Here are the facts. Lucky (yes, that's his name) has survived the following:
  • 5 years of being fed by school children
  • living in 4 different classrooms
  • living in 2 different schools
  • living in 2 different states
  • the weird scaly infectious thing that still hasn't gone away (see my earlier post if you don't remember)

and NOW...

  • spilling, flopping around gasping for water, and surviving all the way home in barely an inch of it.
I was trying to bring him home from school today, so I set his tank on the floor of my car. Unfortunately, I took a turn too hard and forgot to hold his tank, so it went flying and spilled everywhere. Sure enough, he fell out. I had to try for a good 5 minutes before I could scoop him into my sunglasses case to dump him back in the tank. He kept flopping away from me! But finally I got him back in, and he survived the rest of the drive home in a scant inch of water.

Didn't I tell you that he's invincible?!

P.S. Yes, I tried to clean the fish water off the floor of my car, but I'm pretty sure it's going to smell bad for a while. Yuck.

6 comments:

Spencer said...

Remember how Caramel lived for five years? Only Remember how he also ate Popcorn along the way sometime?....

Hope you can get the smell out of your car.

Lisa Merkley said...

RIP Popcorn and Caramel

Audrey Seymour said...

sure is! Good luck cleaning the car! I hope Lucky is not cursing you, it might come up on judgement day! LOL

Emily said...

I need your luck. I had luck with Ernie and a bit with Bert, but my Alvin this year died in the classroom. So did Second Alvin, whom Jon discreetly bought during lunch right before Christmas break so the kids never knew about him. So did What'sHerName, who was the replacement fish that one of my kids brought in when Alvin II died. She died after only a couple of days. And then, I got a plant instead, and it died, too. Then I quit having life in the classroom except for 20 kids and me. Sigh.

LaRae said...

I guess the name is what did it -- Lucky probably wouldn't have survived all those things had he (she?) been named something other than Lucky.

Spencer said...

Geez, Em! I hope you don't have the same luck with your own kids! They'll be my nieces and nephews, ya know!