Monday, August 10, 2009

Visitors

We had some visitors this weekend! My brother Eric came with his wife Tanya and their two daughters, Natalie and Evelyn. Since there is nothing to do in our town, we met them in Des Moines and spent most of the day in the science center there. It was very hands-on and kid-friendly. (And luckily for me, it wasn't too hard to nurse there, either. I didn't realize that would be something you have to plan for, but it sure is!) I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have, but here's a picture of one fun exhibit:

a giant pin board with my face in it!


And here's Mike and Aidan standing next to a tank with a very large turtle in it. If you look just underneath the glare, you can see his hind end. (The turtle's, not Mike's or Aidan's.)

We also spent time at the Jordan Creek Mall. We did a little shopping, the girls played at the play center, and I got my ring cleaned and the prongs fixed. Look how shiny it is! I also want to share that they have a nursing room with a rocker and a locking door!!! That made me so happy that I want to write them a thank you letter.

My brother and his family came to church with us on Sunday, then came back to our house for dinner. Here is a picture of my nieces holding their newest cousin:
Natalie with Aidan

Evelyn with Aidan

And here is a picture of the whole crew. Sorry it's so blurry - those girls sure can move quickly!


It was fun to have visitors! Thanks for coming to see us!

5 comments:

Spencer said...

In your nail face picture you look like Michael Jackson (no nose).

Lisa Merkley said...

Actually, I thought it was Eric's face at first. You must be siblings.

Jennifer said...

Hm.. I thought it was Mike's face at first...

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I don't know about you, but I enjoyed being Natalie and Evelyn's favorite aunt by default when I was the only aunt they had around. :)