Monday, September 22, 2008

De-Cluttered!


Is it just me, or do you also have those piles of clutter? You know, the stack of papers on a desk or counter here, the old mail or magazines you haven't read yet, a stack of receipts to put in your checkbook, and various other things that you know you need to sort through, but you just don't have the time right now?
Yeah, I hope so, because I don't want to be the only one!
And okay, don't start thinking I'm a major slob, because I'm not. Generally our house is very clean. But I do have a few corners of miscellaneous junk... or at least, I DID!
Starting this weekend and finishing tonight, I went through quite a few piles, including some school stuff I've been intending to sort since LAST school year and never got to, and I can now officially say I am de-cluttered! I have put everything where it goes, and for one small moment, my house is in perfect order! Whew! Doesn't it feel good to de-clutter?!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey, that's a major accomplishment. Good job!! I feel like I always have that one pile of stuff that I don't really know what to do with. Way to go! :)

Rebecca said...

Wow! I will do that someday . ..probably when I move, sadly. Hey, but you know, that could be next year! Yeah for dejunking! Go Michelle!

Jennifer said...

That's always a good feeling. In my class we talked about weeding books and how it's hard for some people because it's not an obviously worn and destroyed book, but the collections do need to be weeded. My professor related it to our lives - we collect things over and over (no matter what kind of things) and rarely ever weed, or dejunk, our belongings!! If we were required to weed 5% every year like in libraries!!!...

Ann Michelle said...

I'm always de-cluttering - but it seems that the four of us can clutter faster than I can de-clutter. Oh well! I'll keep trying. And Congrats. on your sucess. Way to go!!=)

Tanya said...

Please come over and help me de-clutter some of my things, I need all the help that I can get!!

Lisa Merkley said...

Yup...it's a great feeling! My desk is in a constant state of clutter and it drives me NUTS. (See my 100th Post entry #2 and #3!)

Audrey Seymour said...

Hte key word is a short moment! At least that is how I feel.