Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall Adventures


I had 2 new fall adventures yesterday.
First, several of my friends have posted about going to farmer's markets, but I had never been to one before. I was on my way to the grocrey store when I passed our farmer's market. I decided to swing in and check it out! I got some potatoes (yukon gold - yummy!), a zucchini (for bread, of course!), and sweet corn. Mmmm... although I thought everything was supposed to be cheaper than the store? The prices were just about comparable. Oh, well, it was still fun.

My second fall adventure was the Fort Dodge Fall Fest. I didn't even realize it was going on, but my boss at Sylvan mentioned something about it as I was leaving work. It was a beautiful day and the festival wasn't too far from our house, so I decided to drag Mike to it. And... well... Okay, so it's not that great. There were several bouncy castles that are lots of fun for little kids, and not so great for childless adults. There were quite a few food stands, but we didn't bring any money, so there goes that. There was a show with antique cars... for all of you who know how much I love those! The Cat in the Hat was there... again, great for people with kids, but... There were also several stalls selling crafts. You know how much Mike loves crafts! So basically, we just wandered around for about 20 minutes and left. (Although we managed to run into 7 people I knew in only those 20 minutes! You can tell we've been here for a while now!) So much for the Fall Fest, but I'm still glad we went. At least we tried something new!

1 comment:

Audrey Seymour said...

at least it makes a great entry for your blog! Comm'on! I don't even have bouncing castles!