Yay for saving gas! I found a lady who works in Webster City and lives in Fort Dodge, just like me, and we're trying out a carpool for 2 weeks to see what we think. So far it's lots of fun to chat with her, and I am so excited about saving gas money! Hooray!
7 comments:
Carpools are wonderful. I have found I have really learned to love some sisters in our ward who are in our temple carpool. As we ride to and from Lubbock, we have the best chats -- and they are sisters I would probably not otherwise have become close to. And . . . it saves gas as well! Yay!
Ah you are so smart once again always making friends and always being frugal! Go you!
Hey, did it all work out with being at different schools? That'll work really good for you . ..especially getting you to not stay at school too late . .. =)
Yeah, I wondered about carpooling as a teacher. (Is the other lady a teacher also?) When I student taught it was sometimes hard with our carpool (only 2 of us) to get out on time instead of waiting for the other to finish up.
I'll bet it's much easier to stay awake, too. :)
Lisa - I actually don't have too much trouble staying awake on my own because I listen to books on tape. However, it is nice to have someone to talk to.
Jennifer - yes, she's a teacher also. However, she works at the middle school instead of my school.
Rebecca - when I drive, I just give her my keys and let her drive herself over to the middle school. Then she drives it back to get me at the end of the day. It's worked really nicely so far, and you're right - I don't stay as late when she's waiting for me!
What's her name? Money-saving is always fun.
Post a Comment