In addition to doing things, we also saw a lot of interesting things. I thought I'd share some of them with you!
We went to the vendor show and saw lots of booths. We each got our blood typed - O+ for both of us. Upstairs from that was the Threads and Fabric show. They had quilts, stitchery, crocheting... basically anything you can imagine sewing! I took a picture of the winning Halloween costumes section because it was just so cute! (Plus, it reminded me of you, Mom.)
We went to the horticulture show, where they had all sorts of beautiful plant and flower arrangements.
We saw the infamous butter statues. Yes, these are sculpted out of butter! I thought it was a little gross myself, but I guess it's Iowa State Fair tradition! By the way, the girl is supposed to be Shawn Johnson, although Mike and I both agree that it looks nothing like her.
We went to the antiques barn. To my untrained eye, it mostly looked like a bunch of dusty old junk, but my trash is someone else's treasure! They had this miniature barn inside, and I had to snap a picture of it for Mom. (I'll have you know I got stuck with a barn restoration flyer for appearing so interested!)
We also heard lots of performances. There was a harmonica competition (awesome performers!), the army band, a dancing show, and a dog show! Here's a picture of the dog jumping over a 48-inch pole! (Look closely.)
We also went to the food center, where they had all sorts of food that people had entered to be judged. Here's a shot of some of the prize-winning treats. The hot-dog-looking thing is actually a decorated sugar cookie!
We also went to a craft boutique, wandered around and saw more carnival rides, saw a horseshoes competition, saw a bunch of tractors, hot tubs, and other assorted items for sale, and watched several rides that we didn't go on - the giant slide, the huge bungee jumping machine, trampolines, etc. What a lot to see and do!
1 comment:
Butter sculptures? Get out of here! That is awesome!
Post a Comment