You didn't think we didn't EAT anything, did you?! The food is probably 3/4 of the State Fair experience! We tried corn dogs, hand-dipped and fried right there in front of you. We had ice cream (Michelle) and a float (Mike). We tried honey lemonade (but I thought it was disgusting, actually). We had funnel cakes, which I had never had before. (Very good, but heavier than I imagined!) We also got a bunch of food samples from a lot of different places. Not a good place to go if you're on a diet!!!
The strangest thing to me, though, was how EVERYTHING was on a stick! You could get corn dogs on a stick, or ice cream bars on a stick, obviously.
You could get cheese curds or hot dogs on sticks, not quite so obviously, but still not too bad.
You could get fried Twinkies, Oreos, or candy bars on a stick - still not out of the realm of possibility, I guess.
Or, you could get some of the things that I just had to stop and take a picture of! There's:
Cheesecake on a stick,
Salad on a stick,
Pork chop on a stick,
and an egg on a stick!I even saw a sign for fried pineapple on a stick! I guess it must be the State Fair joke (would you like that on a stick?) because I even saw this in the quilting room:
What a fun time at the fair!
7 comments:
Do they have anything that is not fried or on a stick?
How about chili on a stick? Burger on a stick? Popcorn on a stick? How funny!
Sounds like fun. I'd go visit you in Iowa if I could go to a state fair...and if all the other stars aligned right.
Yes, but did you go potato-sack racing? That makes a state fair a State Fair!
I've never been to a State Fair either (obviously), but it looks fun! I enjoy looking at all the food on a stick. I've seen a few "Unwrapped" episodes on Food Network where they show various things on a stick and sometimes various things dipped and fried. Some of them look gross!
I can't imagine a deep-fried twinkie. *holds stomach* how could anyone ever eat that?
The only state fair I've been to was Ohio's (and it's huge). Which is sad, since we are literally less than 2 miles away from the Utah State Fair, and have skipped out on it 5 years running now. Maybe we'll have to take the girls this year.
In fact, here's a reason we should go to Utah's state fair this year:
http://utahstatefairpark.com/public_area/daily_schedule/#431
Dairy Farmers of Utah Ice Cream Festival
September 8th in the Specialty Tent
All the ice cream you can eat for $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for children age 12 and under. It begins at 3:00 p.m
Anyone want to join us?
Post a Comment