Augh! It's already been a week since I've posted last! I knew I would go downhill when school started, but I didn't realize just how hard it gets to keep up a blog! I will valiantly try, though, so don't quit checking because you assume I won't ever update... I will!
I started school this week. I was barely sort of ready, thanks in large part to my sister who came to help. Rebecca was here for 3 days en route back to BYU from her mission in Nauvoo. She was so good about coming to my classroom with me and just working on things while I taught the kids. She copied my entire first math unit for me, plus got all the kids' folders labeled, my plan book set up (all the dates written in), my Steele Bucks cut out, my helper chart ready, and a million other things I can't remember. She was seriously my angel this last week. Thank you again, Bex!
My new bunch of eager 3rd graders has been really fun so far. I only have 17 kids in my class (all of my teacher friends in Utah can stop drooling in envy... I know, isn't it crazy?!), and they're shaping up nicely. My team is also meeting together much more often this year than in any other year I've taught, and it's been a really nice feeling to have everyone on the same page. I think this will be an exciting year!
No pictures for this post (sorry!), but I'll take some soon. Keep checking back!
What's Wrong With This Picture?
21 hours ago
6 comments:
Man, I can never beat you. When you have 22 kids, I have 28-32. When I have 22, you get 17! Good luck this week! Maybe Becky will help me this week....? (I know, you have band, Bec...)
hey - can you send me "Reach For The Stars?" Maybe electroniccally??
Em I have that song on CD at home, I can let you borrow the CD so you can burn it
Glad Rebecca was able to be of such help. And I'm sure she enjoyed it too. Your classroom size is awesome! Have fun with them.
As I say, Blogging is like praying you need to do it everyday! Just kidding! I don't update mine every day (just every other day but I have 4 blogs to keep updated) 17 kids must be so nice! Can I borrow your sister I need to file about 250 applications!?! :)
Em, the only copy I have is the CD that Tanya burned for me, so I'd take HER up on that offer instead of me! :) (Tanya, my kids still love that every year!)
Post a Comment