Sorry I haven't written much lately. We don't get any channels on TV, and Mike's computer isn't working right now, so he's pretty much taken over my computer at all times so he can get his Olympic fix.
A few things to share:
Here's the latest news on my classroom. We've had some big changes in the district this summer. Our 2 elementary schools were previously each K-4, but are switching to have one school be pre-K, K, and 1st and the other be 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Basically, that meant that everyone at both elementary schools had to move classrooms this summer. They promised to call us when our room is ready. At the beginning of August, when I still hadn't been called, I started calling in. I found out that they were re-tiling my floor, and they said my room should be ready in a few days. A few days later, I called again and they said it would be another week. A week later I call back, and now they are telling me that it won't be ready until the end of next week. I start teacher meetings on Thursday! I have NO IDEA how I'm going to get the entire room ready for the open house a week from Monday when they won't let me in until next weekend! Aaaaaugh!!! I'll keep you posted!
I have been worried about some things going on at my job with Sylvan. Several employees have started telling me about some things that they think other employees are doing wrong. It gets really complicated because I don't ever want to say bad things about other people. However, some of the things they are saying are true and shouldn't be happening. I try to suggest that they tell the other person and not me, but neither one will. Any suggestions for how to handle that tactfully?
Last of all, update with my callings. Choir is officially on a break until school starts. It was getting too hard to try and rehearse around everyone's vacation schedules. Young Women has also been sparsely attended for the same reason, but the girls I have are gold. One of my Beehives is doing a great job with her Personal Progress and is already doing her 10 hour project for Faith! I had one Laurel move out (we miss her!), so I'm praying for some more girls to move in or become active! I love these girls!
Well, that's all for now. I'll have an exciting post next Monday - we're doing something we've never done before! Until then...
A few things to share:
Here's the latest news on my classroom. We've had some big changes in the district this summer. Our 2 elementary schools were previously each K-4, but are switching to have one school be pre-K, K, and 1st and the other be 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Basically, that meant that everyone at both elementary schools had to move classrooms this summer. They promised to call us when our room is ready. At the beginning of August, when I still hadn't been called, I started calling in. I found out that they were re-tiling my floor, and they said my room should be ready in a few days. A few days later, I called again and they said it would be another week. A week later I call back, and now they are telling me that it won't be ready until the end of next week. I start teacher meetings on Thursday! I have NO IDEA how I'm going to get the entire room ready for the open house a week from Monday when they won't let me in until next weekend! Aaaaaugh!!! I'll keep you posted!
I have been worried about some things going on at my job with Sylvan. Several employees have started telling me about some things that they think other employees are doing wrong. It gets really complicated because I don't ever want to say bad things about other people. However, some of the things they are saying are true and shouldn't be happening. I try to suggest that they tell the other person and not me, but neither one will. Any suggestions for how to handle that tactfully?
Last of all, update with my callings. Choir is officially on a break until school starts. It was getting too hard to try and rehearse around everyone's vacation schedules. Young Women has also been sparsely attended for the same reason, but the girls I have are gold. One of my Beehives is doing a great job with her Personal Progress and is already doing her 10 hour project for Faith! I had one Laurel move out (we miss her!), so I'm praying for some more girls to move in or become active! I love these girls!
Well, that's all for now. I'll have an exciting post next Monday - we're doing something we've never done before! Until then...
3 comments:
Laws protect whistle blowers, if that helps :) i don't know what to tell you about the other employee people. As for your classroom, I would, of course, help you move your things...if I were in Iowa. Sorry I'm so far away.
Are you the supervisor for them or something? Or do they just come to you to vent? I don't have any suggestions either. Hopefully it gets better.
And, I hope that Mike is enjoying the Olympics. NBC is a local channel here, but since the atenane (sp) doesn't work very well, we have been watching a lot of scrambled things when we try to watch Olympics.
Believe it or not, I haven't watched much of the Olympics. I've been out of town and doing other things that prevent it. But, that won't last for long!!
Post a Comment